Michael McCreary has worked on projects that involved using technology to improve children’s mental healthcare, evaluating the impact of coordinated physical and mental health systems, improving disaster resilience in communities throughout Los Angeles County, and developing an economic analysis of a study designed to improve depression care to under resourced communities in Los Angeles. He obtained a BA in History from UCLA and a Masters of Public Policy from USC.
- McCreary M, Arevian AC, Brady M, Mosqueda A, Zhang L, Tang L, Zima BT. Clinical Care Monitoring and Data Collection Tool (H3 Tracker) to Assess Uptake and Engagement in Mental Health Care Services in a Community-Based Pediatric Integrated Care Mode: Longitudinal Cohort Study. JMIR Ment Health (in press). doi:10.2196/12358.
- Choi KR, McCreary M, Ford J, Rahmanian Koushkaki S, Kenan KN, Zima BT. Validation for the Traumatic Events Screening Inventory for ACEs. Pediatrics. March 2019.
- Zima BT, McCreary M, Kenan K, Churchey-Mims M, Chi H, Brady M, Davies J, Rompala V, Leventhal B. Development and evaluation of two integrated care models for children using a partnered formative evaluation approach. Ethnicity & Disease. 2018;28(Suppl 2):445-456.
- Chandra A, Kim J, Pieters H, Tang J, McCreary M, Schreiber M, Wells K. Implementing Psychological First Aid Training for Medical Reserve Corps Volunteers. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness. 8:95-100.
- Chung B, Ong M, Ettner S, Jones F, Gilmore J, McCreary M, Sherbourne C, Tang L, Dixon E, Miranda J, Wells K. 12-Month Outcomes of Community Engagement Versus Technical Assistance for Depression Quality Improvement: A Partnered, Cluster, Randomized, Comparative-Effectiveness Trial. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2014 Nov 18;161(10 Suppl):S23-34.
- Mikesell LM, Marti FA, Guzmán JR, McCreary M, Zima BT. Affordances of mHealth technology and the structuring of clinic communication. Journal of Applied Communication Research. 03 May 2018; 46(3):323-347.
- Chung B, Ong M, Ettner SL, Jones F, Gilmore J, McCreary M, Sherbourne C, Ngo V, Koegel P, Tang L, Dixon E, Miranda J, Belin TR, Wells KB. 12-month outcomes of community engagement versus technical assistance to implement depression collaborative care: a partnered, cluster, randomized, comparative effectiveness trial. Ann Intern Med. 2014 Nov 18;161(10 Suppl):S23-34.Chandra A, Kim J,
- Pieters HC, Tang J, McCreary M, Schreiber M, Wells K. Implementing psychological first-aid training for medical reserve corps volunteers. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2014 Feb;8(1):95-100.